September 27, 2016
Happy Monday! We are attempting to simply the way we distribute information via our website in hopes it will be easier to find the information that is most pertinent to the user. Only the most current post will appear on the home page. The posts will also be on each program page as a PDF for easier viewing. The posts will be catalogued by date. So when this post is no longer the most current you will visit the Boys’ page to find it by date.
- Tonight’s practice schedule has been modified to accommodate a schedule change at the high school. All teams scheduled for Tuesday, September 27 will practice 7-9 PM.
- Boys’ High School Camp #1 is at the end of this week. Registration is open. Coach Jaylen Reyes will be here providing an awesome opportunity to add new information, rehearse those skills and develop a new relationship with a great coach. INVITE your high school teammates or friends!
- See “How To” register below
- Separate registration required from any other VUVC programming
- Boys participating on travel teams must complete online registration via Active. We are reaching a critical stage for ordering uniforms.
- Practices are crucial to team and individual progress. And, practices are mandatory. Prioritizing, honoring one’s commitments and learning how to differentiate between “want to do” and “ought to do” are valuable lessons that can be learned via organized sports. We appreciate partnering with our families in the development of our great athletes into amazing people.
How to register:
- Visit our website: VegasVolleyball.org
- Select “Register” in the menu
- Select “ACTIVATE YOUR REGISTRATION HERE”
We are excited to announce our first VEGAS UNITED Volleyball Club Girls’ tryout (PDF). Please share the information with family and friends!
Please find below information about our tryout for all girls 14 and younger. We will host tryouts for 14-u, 13-u, 12-u travel teams and begin evaluations for teams that participate in the local SCVA Las Vegas League.
The SCVA has set Wednesday, October 12, 2016 as the first date an athlete may commit to a club program. Our tryouts will cover three nights and athletes interested in joining VUVC must attend at least two of the tryouts, one of which must be Wednesday, October 12. The tryout tuition is $25 per athlete and includes a t-shirt.
Tryout location: Western High School | 4601 Bonanza Rd., Las Vegas
- Session A – Saturday, October 8 (5-8PM)
- Session B – Sunday, October 9 (4-7PM)
- Session C – Wednesday, October 12 (6:30-8:30P)
There will be a Parent Meeting at 6:30PM on Wednesday, October 12.
Continue reading Girls’ 14 and Younger Tryouts
We look forward to meeting our program parents today at 4 PM. We expect the meeting to last approximately 30-min. The meeting will be in the gym at Western HS.
We are thrilled we are able to form a 15s team. We received final confirmation on Friday regarding consideration for a few athletes. We wish the process could move faster and think it is more important to celebrate the outcome. Invitations were sent late in the week and we fully understand there was late notice. We hope athletes will consider joining us at the first practice they can. We had an awesome practice Friday night.
We are waiting for the final commitments and registrations from the 16s athletes. We may be able to extend a couple more invitations early next week. Thank you for your patient interest.
We have dates and locations for October confirmed for two of the three locations for the new program. We are awaiting the final location approval and schedule. Registration will open September 19 for at least the two locations for which we have details finalized.
Boys’ HS Camp
Registration is open and space is limited. Make sure you register today. BYU assistant coach Jaylen Reyes will be with us.
We just sent out an Important Update via email.
Please find below the September Practice Schedule.
We have sent invitations for 18Black, 18/17White, 17Red, 16Navy and 16White teams.
We will begin working to build a 15’s roster. Please be patient. Also, today we will publish a practice calendar for September and October.
We are thrilled to begin the new season!
Please find our Tuition for the 2016-17 Boys’ season below.
2016-17 Boy’s Tuition
We are thrilled to announce our first Boys’ HS camp of the new season. Our lead coach for the first camp is Coach Jaylen Reyes, Assistant Coach, BYU Men’s Volleyball.
Jaylen handles player development and is the recruiting coordinator for the men’s program. Jaylen and BYU finished 2016 as the NCAA National Runner Up. Coach also served as an assistant on the SCVA HP Youth International team that earned a bronze medal in July 2016.
16mVLB Team 050 16mVLB Team and head shots December 10, 2015 Photography by: Mark A. Philbrick/BYU Photo Copyright BYU Photo 2015 All Rights Reserved firstname.lastname@example.org (801)422-7322 8927
The camp registration will open online Monday, September 12. There is a camper limit so please register as early as possible.
Similar to last year’s structure, the camp will have four 2.5 hour sessions over the course of two days.
- The first two sessions will be held Friday, September 30 at Shadow Ridge HS between 4-9PM.
- The final two sessions will be held Saturday, October 1 at Western HS between 2-7PM.
- Tuition is $75 for the camp.